Thursday, March 8, 2012

Valentine's Day

This Valentine's Day was lots of fun! It can seem like such a commercial holiday that celebrates something we should be doing every day, telling our loved ones how much we love them and putting forth effort to show them. But what I do like about V-day is that it makes me pause, take a moment from the busyness of life, and devote a day to reflect and tell my husband and daughter how much I love them. I love what Kevin has to say about this topic here. I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day and made an effort to make it special for those you love.

Lilly and I made Valentine's for her friends. She helped me put the crayons in the heart shaped pan, but other than that I had to do most of the work. :) I thought they turned out very cute! I got my inspiration here.



Lilly opened her Valentine's Day happies when Daddy got home and before bed. One of my students brought her this cute lamb lovey! :)

She was so excited!

Mommy and Daddy gave her a Romeo and Juliet counting board book,

some heart-shaped crayons,

and a tea set.

Don't ignore Mocha in the corner of the picture chomping down on one of Lilly's new heart-shaped crayons. Ugh... I can't imagine that tasted very good...



Happy <3 Day Lillybug! We love you!

After getting Lilly in bed we cozied up by the fire and had a home cooked meal. 

I tried new recipes... some were delish and some were interesting but probably not repeats. This beautiful purple cauliflower was used to make pink soup. Not very appealing or tasty, but thematic nonetheless. Actually it was tasty, but you add Apple Cider Vinegar to make it turn pink, and I think I added too much so it was a bit too tangy.

We enjoyed the first course with a yummy spinach, cranberry, and walnut salad with poppyseed dressing and a bottle of wine from our favorite winery in California.

The main course were these cute heart shaped spinach stuffed ravioli. They were delicious and adorable! I would make them again for the taste, but not sure for the effort. Whew...




We topped off the dinner with chocolate covered strawberries for dessert. Yum!

For Christmas, I got a sewing machine and the essentials needed to start a sewing station. I set it up in the back house and I love it! I have lots of ideas brewing in my noggin about how I want to pull it all together and make it cute... but I'm not sure when I'll get around to it! Hopefully soon...


My first project was sewing Jeremiah's valentine. I love how it turned out. 

It's not perfect, but it was made with love!

The below can be used to switch out on the buttons to leave little messages for each other.

I loved our little homemade Valentine's Day! You have to get creative with a little one around and I'm not a big fan of messing with the crowds on that one particular day.

No comments: