Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve!

Happy Christmas Eve everyone! I can't believe Christmas is almost here! This is by far my favorite time of the year. I love all the decorations, Christmas carols, family traditions, cool weather, gingerbread lattes, twinkle lights, the hustle and bustle of NorthPark, family time, and most importantly celebrating the birth of Christ! I hope you and your families have a wonderful Christmas and some sweet time together as you reflect on all the blessings God has provided and look forward to a wonderful new year!
Jeremiah's favorite part in prepping for Christmas! The lights! He loves doing it every year and this year was exceptionally fun because he got to come up with a new design for a new house. I was impressed and I must say it definitely competes with the other lights on the street that were professionally installed. I love my very own Clark Griswald! :)
We had quite the adventure picking out our 1st Christmas tree as a family of three! Since we moved, the tree now goes in the family room which has vaulted ceilings. So... I decided we didn't need to measure our ceilings because surely they do not make a tree that tall. We went to Lowes and picked out the perfect tree. Surrounded by all the other trees and on top of the car the tree did not look that big. When we got home and got it inside it was a different story. It in fact was the perfect height and the tip top of the star barely touches the ceiling... but it is a large tree! In fact we joke that we feel like the Nutcracker when the people shrink under the BIG Christmas tree!
Look at the height of the french doors compared to the tree to get a feel for the size...
Waiting in link to meet Santa! Jeremiah went early that morning to get a ticket and when we went back at 4pm we only had to wait about 8 minutes! Amazing!
Santa attempting to wake Lilly up for a picture!

1 comment:

Stewart Stuff said...

Jeremiah is quite the Christmas light guru. He should start his own business. :)