Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Sic 'em BU!

This year was Lilly's 1st Baylor Homecoming! Last year we weren't able to attend because she was only a couple of weeks old. So... this year was so much fun! We all had a great time reminiscing on old times, seeing good friends, eating at our favorite restaurants, and celebrating with some intense school spirit! I love Baylor and Waco!!!

We started off the weekend by staying with our dear friends, the Echols. They were wondeful hosts and R kept L for us Friday night while Jere, Cace, Mel and I hit up Ninfas for dinner and then the late night showing of pigskin. I couldn't have been more filled with joy to see pi phi's act. They won 1st place in Sing and it was amazing!

Saturday morning we went to the Homecoming Parade! I think Lilly enjoyed it... we didn't have the best seats, but she was a trooper and looked adorable in her Baylor dress.


Lilly and our current BU student, Cramer (cace's bro)

Enjoying the parade with my Starbucks, the tradition continues!


Family photo on the lawn of Draper...

which was the building where I spent many of days during my college years!

Eating a breakfast burrito!



The floats as usual were impressive! KOT won... shocker! I loved their Baylor "Flyer" wagon. It was really neat!

A close up of Cramer the float chair's handywork. His masterpiece was the sling shot.



Pi Phi's float was a tree house and it was really cute as well!


Although it made me very nervous to see all the kiddos climbing on it after the parade. These floats are made to hopefully make it through the parade and ideally without catching fire... not sturdy enough to be jumped on. Yikes...


Me and Mel

We of course had to take Lilly to see the bears. She was a big fan!




We didn't go to the game, but stayed for the afternoon and had lunch with Revekah and Esther Margaret at McAlister's before hitting the road back to Dallas. Once we got home we watched the Baylor victory on tv! 

Sic Em Bears!!!

No comments: