Friday, May 6, 2011

Easter

Easter this year was oh so special! We went to the lake to celebrate and most of the Marshall clan came too. Caroline even came all the way from California. It was so fun for everyone to be together to celebrate such a special holiday, the resurrection of our Savior! The long weekend was filled with relaxing at the lake, a boat ride, an Easter basket of goodies from the Easter bunny, an Easter egg hunt, church, and lots of good food!

Hanging out on the dock with Tia, Cramer (Cace's bro), Lulu, and Mocha
The Hurts came over for the day on Saturday! It was so fun to get to see them and catch up.




 On the boat with Grandpa Bruce
I think we need a super awesome grandfather name for Jeremiah's dad! He hasn't decided on anything yet... any ideas??? Please comment suggestions and then hopefully he can choose one!

When Lilly woke up from her nap we had play time on the dock with some pre-Easter toys from Lulu and Jpop!

Working on her crawling skills...



Jpop causing some giggles with the classic back tickle!

L loves the phone... almost as much as her daddy loves it! :)


love these two!


This activity table is so entertaining!
Check me out... I'm surfing the web on my laptop!




L is always obsessed with Mocha... here she is wondering why M is whining. 
Could it be because someone took the ball (and bits of sweetgum balls) away and told her to take a fetching break... ummm I think so!!!

L got her Easter goodies early from Lulu and Jpop!
Snap beads...




and her swing!!!

so EXCITED she couldn't resist chewing on it!

I searched far and wide this year for the perfect Easter basket. I wasn't really sure what I wanted but I wasn't finding it anywhere I looked. So... I procrastinated and procrastinated and procrastinated. Finally, the week of I gave in and painted Lilly her first Easter basket. I'm not sure if it is exactly what I was envisioning, but I thought it turned out pretty cute! 






Easter morning L woke up at 7am. I fed her and then we went to see if the Easter Bunny came. He sure did! He filled her basket up with all sorts of goodies and even brought L her first real doll to love on and a cute frame. I think putting it in her mouth means "I LOVE IT!"

*the pic of the baby in the frame is not lilly :)*

the cutest little bunny EVER!

Loving on her bunny baby doll with matching bunny ears!





A little overwhelmed by all her loot.


After a second wind it was time to hunt eggs. Honestly, I didn't think Lilly would want anything to do with hunting eggs, but boy was I wrong. She LOVED it! It was a team effort. Jeremiah toted L around and I was in charge of holding the Easter basket. The funny thing (which isn't exactly captured in pictures but is in video) is the long train of observers that followed and cheered her on with every egg she picked up. Thankfully the Easter Bunny only hid 10 eggs!

So here we go... Below are 3 different egg endeavors. Jere would lean L down to where she could reach the egg. Then she would pick it up all on her own! I held her basket out and she dropped it in. AMAZING! I think we are going to have an intense egg hunter on our hands.
Photobucket

Nothing stopped Lilly from finding her eggs! 
She went inside bushes...

under bushes...

under benches...

on top of shrubs...

and inside bird baths...

Lilly's eggs this year were filled with Cheerios. The Easter Bunny must have gotten word that she could give Cheerios a try. I must report so far she is not a fan... She would put it in her mouth, then spit it out or stick out her tongue and gag. Will have to try again later. :)

L loves Aunt SB!




The whole group
*minus Karson who is taking the picture and Matthew who is sleeping (are we surprised) :)!*

Sarabeth, Bruce, Caroline, Jim, Lilly, Patti, Jessica, Jeremiah, Melissa and Cace

After the egg hunt L went down for her morning nap. We made pigs in the blanket and homemade cinnamon rolls. Yummy! We ate breakfast and got ready for church. Once L woke up we got her dressed and of course had to get photos of everyone with her to well document her first Easter!

First Easter as a family of three!

Lilly and Aunt Sarabeth


Karson (SB's bf), Lilly and Aunt Sarabeth

Uncle Matthew and Lilly

Lilly and Grandpa Bruce
*don't forget to comment g-pa name ideas*

Me, Lil, and Aunt Caroline

Lulu, Lilly, and Jpop

L copying Lulu's silly faces! :)

Uncle Queso, Lillybug, and Tia Mel


L and Tia

Lilly sat with us in big church for the service. She did so good! This was her first time to do this since she normally is in the nursery at our church. We sat in the balcony and she played with the program, a teether toy, and looked around at everyone. Towards the end she began to get a bit fussy until Jere put her on his shoulders (much to my discouraging and not wanting to make a scene). But... it worked! She loved it and for the rest of the service was quiet and all smiles. This daddy knows his little girl. 

After church they have a cross outside where everyone can bring flowers from their yard to decorate it. The end result is a beautiful floral cross. Lots of people get their picture made with it after the service. So of course we did!

The Wright group 

We saw more of the Wright clan at church!
Meredith, Aunt Kim, Jordan, and Uncle Greg (my dad's bro)

The Marshall Group

Afterwards we ate lunch at the Cherokee Club. Then hung out the rest of the day at the lake and rode sea-doos. 
What a fun and full Easter weekend!

1 comment:

Bruce Marshall said...

Thank you so much Jessica for this awesome recounting of such a special weekend. Jim and Patti thank you so much for inviting us Marshall's to your Lakehouse for Easter. It was so special to be together. God really used this weekend for all of us in a super-special way to fill us with His Son and in His resurrection hope for each of us and our futures in Him.