So much has happened this past month! Lilly is growing up too fast and has the cutest little personality! She is getting good at communicating... or at least communicating when she is happy and when she is not. Overall she is a very happy baby and very easy going. She is quite the wiggle worm and it has made taking her chair picture incredibly difficult! I finally gave her a book to hold to try to distract her and keep her in one place to get some shots.
Once I wrapped up the school year I had to adapt her schedule. She was ready for a long awake time which has been nice and made for more time to do fun things out and about. Currently she wakes about 6:30am or 7am and nurses. While I eat breakfast she plays in the kitchen either in her bouncy chair or on the floor with measuring cups and spatulas. Then we go for a walk in the neighborhood. When we return she has some cereal and a fruit. She goes down for a nap from 9am-11am. When she wakes she nurses and then we play until her nap at 1pm. She wakes about 2:30 or 3pm and nurses. We have playtime or run errands and she goes down for a third nap about 4 or 4:30pm. This last nap is kind of optional. If we get stuck out and about she makes it, but gets a bit fussy and typically has an earlier bedtime. If she takes the third nap it is normally only about an hour. When she wakes she nurses and then has some cereal and a veggie. Then it is time for the bedtime routine to begin and nighty night is at 7pm. Sometimes I sneak in a 5th feeding right before bed if I feel like she needs it. :)
L loves reading! Now she must have her hands on any book being read to her. Typically batting at the pages as you read. If it's not a board book you have to be careful or she will get hold of one of the pages and rip it right out!
Everything goes in Lilly's mouth... still!
L has graduated to the bath seat. In the mesh recliner tub chair she kept trying to sit up and reach toys causing her to almost fall out so we had to make a change. This is so much better! Now she can play with all her toys and splash around!
L loves her rubber ducky! One of her books we read has a picture of a rubber ducky in it and when I get to that page in the book she always grabs for it.
Mohawk Munchkin
bath bunny
little lamb
L sleeps so great, but never falls asleep in my arms anymore... except for this picture right here. It was a bit past her bedtime when we got home and she just conked. I just treasured this moment and soaked it all in. I rocked her, snuggled her, and prayed over her. Calm moments like this are few a far between now that she is so active! How can you keep your hands and lips off of those chubby adorable cheeks!?
So I said L sleeps so great.... and she does. But now that she can sit up easily in her bed... napping is a bit more difficult. When we put her down she sits up and just plays for a while. At first it was about 30 minutes before she would finally lay down and nap but now it is about 10-15 minutes. She plays with the bumper, talks to herself, sticks her hands through the crib rails, etc. The other day it was really quiet in Lilly's room and I had put her down for a nap a while ago, so I assumed she was asleep. I grabbed the monitor to make sure and was shocked to see her STANDING. I went in her room and found this! A cutie pie who pulled up on her own, standing in her crib with a huge smile on her face. So... we had to lower her crib again and now it is on the lowest position!
On that note, the first time she pulled up to standing was on Jeremiah. He was laying on the floor next to her and I walked into the room. When she saw me she pulled up. Before the crib standing incident I also found her one day on her knees holding on to the rail. She has since learned to pull up on the couch as well.
Tia trying to corrupt Lilly by letting her look at the computer screen. L is intrigued by anything electronic! A phone, computer, tv, etc.. All of which are forbidden until 2 years old according to the AAP. I think because we would have a bunch of obese couch potato babies if they watched tv or electronics all day! I'm hoping she is so interested because they light up and she isn't obsessed with it all like her daddy. :)
Lilly is officially on the move and is crawling like a champ! I can't leave her in one place for long. :) I miraculously caught her first crawl on camera (see below)! But as you can see on the second video she just keeps getting faster and faster!
Lilly loves to play, but these days it isn't confined to just the playmat. Since she is crawling we have to be extra cautious of what is on the floor! It's funny how babies are drawn to what is off limits such as cords, plugs, etc. It's like they know it's a no-no. L is obsessed with tags and zipper pulls. She loves to play with them and pick them up with her fingers. I think she is working on her fine motor skills! :)
L hearts BOUNCING!
Lilly and I taking cover during the crazy tornado weather. As you can see she was ecstatic about her extended bedtime! We had to wake her up to take cover. I was tutoring at the time so it was me, Lilly and my two students I was tutoring in the laundry room with pillows all around us. Jeremiah and my parents, who were in town, took cover in the powder room next door.
At this point Lilly has consumed lots of organic veggies and fruits: sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, peas, spinach, potatoes, pears, apples, and bananas. She likes them all, but her favorites are pears and carrots. Every time she tries a new food she makes a funny face squinting her eyes and shivering as if it tastes sour. Then after a few bites she gobbles them all up.
Lilly has also tried and loves vegetable Baby Mum Mums. They are basically a rice cake that instantly dissolves when it hits saliva so she doesn't choke. They are great little teething biscuits (kind of sounds like a dog treat when you call them that). She loves to chomp and is learning to use those teeth.
I've mentioned before that Lilly has never been a big fan of a bottle. So Lulu was keeping Lilly one day and decided to try a sippy cup instead of the bottle. It was actually a much bigger success! She is such a big girl and can drink out of a sippy cup!
Mom and I went to lunch to celebrate my last day of school and Mother's Day. It was so fun and it is my very favorite treat! Oh how I love their popovers with strawberry butter. Yum! Below is a pic of Lilly and her 1st popover at Neimans. She pretty much just gnawed on it until it go really slimy and made a mess, but it kept her entertained while we had lunch.
As I mentioned above I just finished the school year. It was very bitter sweet. I was so excited and ready to be done. Excited to be able to stay home and invest everything into raising this baby girl. The last week of school I packed up and moved things home and was ready to turn in my key on Friday. Then Friday came... my last class said, "Sra. Marshall we are your last class!" and I lost it. I cried and cried and finally pulled it together. It just hit me out of nowhere. I wasn't expecting to be emotional at all, but I do love my students and my job so it was hard to leave. That was just the beginning though... I cried about 8 times that day... when I turned in my ID, my key, talked to my mom, my sister, Jeremiah about it... you get the idea. Anyways I'm excited to be moving on to a new chapter in my life but those kiddos and the school will always hold a dear place in my heart.
Here is a pic of Lilly with sweet Rachel. Rach was my nanny while I was working. She was so great with Lilly and it made going back to work so much easier! This picture was taken on her last day. We miss her!
L loves this game. If you hold your hands up she will put hers up to yours giving you a high-ten. :) Check out those precious cheeks! We are still working on SO BIG... she is somewhat getting the hang of it but we aren't there yet.
Lilly was invited to her second birthday party. The first was Campbell's and this one was Alexandra's, our next door neighbor. She turned four and had her friends over for pizza, cupcakes, face painting, and a petting zoo. There were all sorts of animals there: bunnies, rabbits, ducks, chicks, goats, a 2 week old calf, a horse, a pony, and roosters. So naturally Lilly had her first pony ride!
2 week old calf
looking like a natural
Uncle Barrett came to visit on his way moving up to Colorado. It was so good to catch up with him! The last time he saw Lilly she was just a little baby. He couldn't believe how much she had changed and how happy she is!
Lilly finally got to meet Davidman. She felt so privileged to be allowed in his man cave and loved his camo recliner!
Mel's friend, Maddie, and her bf, Gabe, babysat for us one night in Longview while we attended a wedding. Maddie is an aunt to many littles and is great with kiddos and I must say Gabe was no exception. Here is a video of Lilly getting her groove on with Gabe.
Lilly has learned how to give kisses! It is so cute. She leans forward with an open mouth and plants one on you. She kisses her dolls, people, and of course Mocha!
At lunch the other day Barrett was saying hi and Lilly went in for a big smack on the face. Oh... and as you can see she has graduated to a high chair when we are eating out and when eating at home. No more Bumbo... she can almost escape it on her own and can easily scoot herself off the table by pushing with her feet. She is sooo strong!
At lunch the other day Barrett was saying hi and Lilly went in for a big smack on the face. Oh... and as you can see she has graduated to a high chair when we are eating out and when eating at home. No more Bumbo... she can almost escape it on her own and can easily scoot herself off the table by pushing with her feet. She is sooo strong!
Unfortunately... Mocha is teaching her to kiss with her tongue. Thankfully she only does that when she kisses Mocha because she mimics what Mocha does. Hopefully we can curb this before we get phone calls from her teacher or other parents. :) Lilly always tries to grab Mocha's tongue and recently has started crawling on her when she is laying down. I'm not sure how much Mocha likes this... when L sits up M just gets up and moves away.
Grabbing M's tongue, M giving L kisses, and L returning the favor (with her tongue)... :)




















No comments:
Post a Comment