You are such a sweetie and unbelievably approaching the milestone of one year just around the corner! You light up a room no matter where you are! Whenever I drop you off everyone is so excited to see you. When I pick you up they can't stop telling me how happy you are, outgoing, how you have so much energy and are all over the place! Recently I was asked if you have older siblings because you love playing with other babies and seem so well adjusted. What can I say??... you're a star and bring so much joy to those you encounter!
You love to read and turn the pages. We have been reading and speaking a lot more in Spanish. Normally I designate a time of the day that we only speak Spanish. It is fun and you always babble back in your own language. I only wish I knew what you were saying or what language you are trying to speak. It is amazing to think that your little brain can sort all of that stuff out!
You are oh so big! You still only have 7 teeth. We brush them really good with a little toothbrush and fluoride free toothpaste! You love to have your tongue brushed. You stick it out and we scrub it squeaky clean. We have to prevent bad breath. :) Your hair is getting pretty long and your eyes seem to be bluer and bluer every day! You've thinned out quite a bit and are losing your plump cheeks. I love your rolls, but you are beginning to look more like a toddler every day.
We bought you a walker and you love it! It is your new favorite toy! You just cruise around the house and run over anything in your way... even Mocha.
Lilly, you are on the move! Not just horizontally, but vertically as well! Now you can successfully crawl up on the couch. You aren't completely walking, but are getting closer every day. You can take about 8 consecutive steps. Then once you realize you are walking you plop down and book it on all fours because you know you can crawl much faster. You're one smart cookie!
You recently have started grooving when music is turned on. You bounce up and down whenever we say bouncy bouncy bouncy or you hear your tunes. You love to play peek-a-boo and are really good at it. If I say "Where's Lilly?" You cover your face with your woobie and then pull it down with the biggest grin on your face. You have also started making music with your mouth. You blow out your lips and then flick your lips with your fingers and make blubbering sounds. I don't know how you figured out how to do it... At first you would do it and laugh, but now you do it mostly when you are tired or fussy. You still love the "How big is Lilly? SO big!" game and you love to clap!!!
The only real words you say are still hi, bye bye, mama, and dada. You love to whisper bye bye. I don't know why... You are much more verbal making up words for things and just blabbering to Mocha, your animals, dolls, and toys. I finally caught you saying mama on video!
You've also started laughing a lot more! You laugh at everything and are such a happy baby. Everyone you meet says so and you are such a blessing to those around you. You also have acquired a fake laugh. It is very broken and sounds light ha, ha, ha. If anyone laughs at you, you mimic them back with your fake laugh. :) It's pretty stinkin hilarious! You are super duper ticklish too!
We have recently approached a spell of a little separation anxiety. It started one day at Mother's Day Out. I set you down to play and when I said bye and started to walk away you crawled as fast as you could whimpering which turned into a cry. Miss Wanda picked you up and loved on you. She kept you busy and you didn't even miss me until I returned to pick you up. Some days it doesn't phase you and then others you cling to my leg and want me to sit next to you while you play. If I get too far ahead of you going down the hall you begin to cry. Sometimes it can be frustrating, but most of the time I love it because it makes me feel so loved! I just remind myself that there could be one day that you won't even want me around... I hope not! ;)
Lilly and Mocha sharing the love! I love how they look at me so startled when I stop them... Hilarious!
Your schedule is pretty much the same though a little more flexible. You wake between 7 and 7:45am. You nurse then eat cereal and a fruit for breakfast. We play, read, or go for a walk and then you go down for your morning nap between 9 and 10am. You sleep about 2 hours. Then you nurse and we eat lunch normally fruit and veggies. Then we play, run errands, or meet up with friends. You go down for your afternoon nap between 1 and 2pm and sleep for about 2 hours. When you wake you nurse and then we have our long stretch of awake time where we play and normally try to get out of the house. Now that it is starting to cool off we will be heading to the park, arboretum, and playing outside more. You eat dinner (fruit, veggie, and some sort of bread) about 6pm and then nurse and get ready for bed. We try to have you in bed by 7pm but sometimes Daddy tries to keep you up to play until 7:30pm if you are being super cute and snuggly. You love to snuggle when we read bed time stories. It's so cute! When we tuck you in you immediately grab your woobies and lay down on your tummy while we say prayers, sing and tickle your back. Then you sleep for about 12 hours and wake in the morning ready to go!
You are the cutest little bug in your sleep sack! I just want to scoop you up and give you kisses all over!
You met a dear friend, Esther Margaret, and had your very first gal pal sleepover! I know yall will be besties from afar. Your second sleepover will be in November when we head to Waco for your first Baylor Homecoming! Yall were instant buddies although I'm not sure what EM thought of you. You are a lot to take in for a little one. You were table surfing and climbing around the table like a monkey, but as you can see by EM's facial expressions you didn't phase her a bit. Isn't Esther Margaret precious?!
Lilly, I look forward to spending every day with you and can't wait to see the little lady you will become. The Lord has great things in store for you. I pray for you every day and I can't wait to see where your life leads. Thank you for blessing my life and making me a better person every single day! I can't even begin to tell you how much I've learned from you and how much God is using you to teach and mold me into a better mom, wife, and woman.
With all my love...
xoxo
Mommy









1 comment:
Wow! This one brought tears to my eyes. xoxo
Post a Comment