Tuesday, January 18, 2011

3 months

3 months has come and gone! We are getting close to 4 months so I'm squeezing this in as usual just in time. Lilly is so fun! I just love her and love spending time with her. She is growing and changing so fast! Most everyone thinks she still looks like Jeremiah... I don't mind too much because he is a cutie! ;) She does have my blue eyes for now... and her hair is kind of strawberry light brown which was the color of mine as a baby, and she might have my nose. She has Jere's widow's peak, chin, ears, and facial expressions. All in all, I'm biased... but I think she is the cutest baby ever!
Photobucket
She is eating great, and sleeping great too! She consistently sleeps 8 hours straight wakes at 6am and eats and then goes down for another 2.5 hours. We tried dropping the 9pm feeding and putting her down from 7pm-6am. Sometimes she slept like a champ and then others she would wake up at about 3am. With going back to work part time I was antsy for a bit more consistency, so we added back the 9pm feeding. Jeremiah prefers it too because he gets more time with her when he gets home from work. We are going to try to drop it soon so she hopefully can get a 10 hour straight stretch at night. Keep your fingers crossed... hopefully she can do it! She still is swaddled to sleep even though she can always get her feet out and sometimes by morning her arms escape too. She naps in her crib, but at night still sleeps in the pack n play in our room. She naps great, but doesn't nap great when I'm out and about. She is happy in her car seat but prefers when the car is moving and music is on. Her favorite station is Coffeehouse on satellite radio!
She is interested in everything around her. She now notices Mocha and Sam and loves to stare at them and pet them/grab their hair. Thankfully Mocha doesn't mind at all... Sam on the other hand heads the opposite direction. She grabs everything and anything in sight and of course it all heads for her mouth. Her hands are in her mouth all the time. I'm constantly trying to find a toy to put in her hands or something for her to hold so she doesn't just suck her hands to death. I've even tried a pacifier but she's really not that interested... I guess her fingers just taste better.

She loves looking at her reflection in the mirror. She LOVES bath time and now kicks and splashes around.We've been walking a lot lately too which has been so nice! She has advanced to riding in the BOB without her car seat. I have a little snuggly le sac igloo by 7am enfant that she rides in and stays super toasty! When it's cold out I put on her little Patagonia mittens and she gnaws on the thumb until she falls asleep.

She loves to bat at and grab all the toys on her play mat! She has gotten really good at lifting her chest off of the floor too! She still is rolling over but only tummy to back. She will roll from her back to her side but hasn't made it all the way on her own yet.
She still loves her snail. It's probably her favorite. She loves looking at herself and batting at him so he makes sounds! It entertains her forever!
Lilly also loves to stand! She can push up to her legs while holding my hands. She is so strong! I will have to try to catch a pic of it. It's hard to capture since she is always holding on to me when she does it. We also have been slinging it a lot lately. She loves facing outwards so she gets to see everything going on around her. We get a lot of chores done this way! She is a great laundry, dishwasher unloading, bed making, and clean up companion. I always stop periodically in front of a mirror so she can see herself. This always makes her crack a big smile!

She also loves holding stuffed animals and shaking rattles. Below is a pic of Lilly with my teddy from when I was a kid. She loves him more than her own... probably because he is so well loved. Note-- Teddy has a bellybutton that my Nanny stitched on. I wanted all of my stuffed animals to have bellybuttons like me!

Lilly LOVES reading now! She always sat there and seemed to enjoy it, but now she just listens and looks and soaks it all in. If she ever gets fussy, reading a story is a sure way to calm her down.
She also likes to ride horseys. Jpop introduced her and we ride horseys almost every day now!

One thing I'm dying for this little pumpkin to do is laugh! She smiles and makes some noises but no laugh yet. Overall she is a pretty quiet baby but loves making faces. I know one day I'm going to be wishing she was still quiet... but I'm looking forward to that first giggle!