Monday, January 10, 2011

COLORADO

The week after New Years we went to Bachelor Gulch, Colorado. We typically go every 2 years and this trip was one for the memory books. Lilly went on her first plane ride and family vacation! It was a blast and she did so great flying! She slept some of the time, ate, and played some of the time, but really no fussing.
About to board the plane

Eating at our favorite mexican food restaurant, Fiesta Jalisco. We sported our cute matching styled hats often. ;)

Lilly's first time to see and play in the snow! It was actually snowing pretty good so I bundled her up and out we went to take some pics. Since it was just me and her I set her in the chair to help hold her upright. I don't know what she thought about it all but I think the people on their balcony judged me when she started crying... They were probably thinking... who's the crazy lady taking her baby out in the cold to torture her by taking pictures in all the garb?

She was a trooper though and she did crack one smile for me :)

Lulu and JPop before heading to eat a yummy dinner at Zach's Cabin

On the Snow Cat Sleigh headed up the mountain to eat dinner! Lilly's in the pink bunting.

These pics were taken before drace, dratti, drim, dreremiah, and drel arrived. I have pics to prove they made an appearance but I'll save those for a rainy day. :)

We took her everywhere we went, in town to Beaver Creek to eat at Blue Moose Pizza, up the mountain to eat at Zach's Cabin, to Fiesta Jalisco for some mexican food, and to Spago's at the Ritz. Everywhere we went she of course stole the show! We just passed her around and she did great!

Round 2 in the snow was much more successful thanks to JPop's assistance! I think she really liked it this time around. I love her Patagonia snow suit. JPop and Lulu got it for her for Christmas. She was just presh in the snow.

Lilly and JPop

Me and my girl
Jeremiah and I both got in some good skiing even with a baby and let me say I LOVE skiing! We typically took turns keeping her while the other skied. Thankfully we were ski in ski out so I was able to easily come in and feed her. JPop and Lulu were a big help by taking babysitting shifts so we could even get some time to ski together. Tia Mel and Uncle Queso even took a shift as well. It was a blast! Since we went the week after New Years there was NO crowd! It was amazing. We normally go the week of Christmas or New Years and it is much more packed. It was a nice break with no lift lines so you could get lots of skiing in in 2 hour increments. Also the weather couldn't have been more perfect! It snowed one day and then was sunshine with the highs around 31-32. Perfectly comfortable and warm for some winter skiing!

My ski bunny... he took a break from the snow board this trip and tried skis on for size. He loved it and was so thankful to not spend so much time on his rear. I loved getting to both be on skis together for the first time!

We took pics of each other on the mountain... Jeremiah's poles were up hill so they didn't make it in the picture.

Our attempt at a pic of the both of us. Pretty good aim I must say.
We also got massages which were much needed after being up on the mountain. Everyone wears their robes all over the condos, hotel, and back and forth from the spa and outdoor hot tubs. Some family friends gave Lilly her own robe with her monogram on it so we had to get a family pic.

The view of the slopes from our condo balcony... it was so fun to watch everyone ski down.

We also had a great view of the outdoor hot tubs too. The baby monitor range reached since we were so close so we were able to all go out and relax together while monitoring Lilly while she napped.

About to board the plane to head home... love lil in her cute nubby hat!

All the Girls

Playing on the plane while waiting for take off.
It was such a fun vacation!

No comments: