All in all Lilly's first encounters with rice cereal were a success! I put it off until right before her 6 month appointment. Her pediatrician said that I could wait that long and quite honestly I didn't want to have to deal with the hassle of fitting something else into our day and one more thing to clean. :) It seems like right when we've got it down and are hitting our stride there is something new! Anyways... I wanted to try it before her 6 month appointment that way if I had questions I could ask the doc. She did great and ate all of it. It was so messy the first couple of times because I made it such a runny consistency. It took me a bit to figure out the perfect equation because I swear it gets thinner as she eats, maybe it is because it starts to mix with her saliva. Now that she eats it at a thicker consistency it isn't so bad and she has the eating off of the spoon down. She is like a little birdie and dives with her mouth wide open for the spoon then slurps it off. Here are some pics from her first few rice cereal meals. She now eats it twice a day and even loves oatmeal too!
day one
here it goes...
More interested in watching mocha! Sometimes I have to put Mocha in the other room to get Lilly to focus!
After...
but you can barely tell because it was such a "liquidy" consistency...
I finally caught this precious head tilt on camera. She just started this... leaning her head to the side. I think she likes seeing the world from a different perspective. Every time I would get the camera out to take a picture she would sit back up, but this time I caught it!
yum yum yum, happy girl!
i love it when she sneezes... it is the cutest achoo ever!
day two
before...
after...
i want mas!
day three
as you can see it gradually got thicker...
way to go lilly! you ate your rice cereal so BIG!





6 comments:
Great pics Thanks for the updates
BTW who is the old wino holding your baby?
hahaha, "casual observer," you crack me up.
Hey, Jessica! Congrats on the rice cereal! If you're mixing it with breastmilk, that's why it seems to get more and more runny. Breastmilk has an enzyme that breaks the rice down... fast! That's why breastmilk is so easily digestible.
I used to add more rice at the end of Annabelle's feeding to get the consistency back. (Or sometimes, I would just mix little bits at a time). Before I learned about the enzyme, I just thought I was losing my mind. :)
christy-
so good to know! thanks for passing on the knowledge!
j
Love the cereal pics. Lilly is so beautiful.
Post a Comment