This past Sunday (April 10, 2011) we dedicated our beautiful daughter, Lillian Grace, to the Lord. It was such a special occasion and so many family members came to celebrate with us. Family members in attendance were Jeremiah, Lilly & Me, Lulu & JPop, Tia Mel & Uncle Queso, Aunt Kim, Uncle Greg & Meredith, Marlene, Dave & Sarah, Aunt Sarabeth, Uncle Scott and Georgia.
While the dedication was so special and so exciting, it is so hard to parent her with open hands, knowing she belongs to Jesus and not us. I want to hold on so tight to this little one and protect her from everything, but I know I can't. We feel so blessed to be her earthly parents and with that comes huge responsibility. Hopefully with God's help and grace we can raise her to be a woman of God. Please partner with us in this endeavor. Hold us accountable for raising her with Christian values and loving her unconditionally like our Father loves us.
This is the verse we chose for dedicating Lilly. We love it and we definitely spent a lot of time trying to find the perfect verse. We love that it is from the perspective of speaking to her. It describes how God saves, loves, and delights in us which perfectly speaks to a girl's heart.
The LORD your God is with you,
he is might to save.
He will take great delight in you;
he will quiet you with his love,
but will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17
Our family of 3 before the service!
Jeremiah, aka: proud papa, insisted on holding Lillybug. So, I read the verse. I secretly LOVE to read out loud so I didn't mind too much. We just had to practice how to hold her without wrinkling her dress. He did a good job given she was a little squirmy. :)
Lilly did great! She made a few sounds and lifted up her dress during the prayer. ;) But all in all it was a success and very special occasion!
Afterwards I served a yummy celebration brunch at our home. Mom and Dad helped with last minute preparations and setting everything up. Thanks guys! I couldn't have done it without you! Well... I could have but would have been up way too late. :)
Menu:
Baked French Toast topped with Maple Syrup, Sunday Brunch Casserole, Pumpkin Bread, Strawberry Nut Bread, Mixed Berries, Medley of Juices, and Coffee.
Getting some more pics afterwards of course!
Lilly loves to do this head tilt thing lately. It's quite hilarious.
Uncle Queso and Tia Mel with their 1st niece.
the lovely ladies
JPop, Lulu, and Miss Lilly


1 comment:
Love her!!!! Thanks for posting!
Post a Comment