Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Frigid 10K

Mel has been my running encourager as of late. I've never been much of a runner... or I guess more honestly, I've never been a runner! But I think she adopted me as her little project and likes my company :)... so here I was signing up for a 10K that I never imagined would cross my path. We honestly do run much better together and in my opinion if you are going to go through the pain you might as well have a buddy. So naturally I roped Jere and Lilly into joining us!

(secretly the only reason i would ever want to do this is so i could get a cool "bib" to wear!)

Before the frigid race! It was sooo cold!

Lilly all bundled and ready to run... or ride!

As you can see the weather was really weird. The whole time it looked like there was going to be a huge storm, but it was just really cold and overcast with sunshine in very sporadic places.

Everyone lining up for the race. There were a lot of people. Our goal was to finish it so we weren't concerned with our time. They were having technical difficulty with a new system so we ended up just timing ourselves instead of using the new chip on the bib.

We did it!!!

 If I remember correctly our time was 1 hour and 9 minutes.

Now I can cross this off my bucket list... or first add it and then cross it off! ;)

1 comment:

Mom/lulu said...

I am so proud of all of you!!! Whew whooo!