Monday, November 19, 2012

Pink or Blue?

I wanted to change it up this time around and find out if baby #2 was a boy or girl in a fun way! 

When we went for my sonogram at 21 weeks. Baby was healthy, a good size, and everything looked great! Praise the Lord!

In order to make the surprise work I had the sonogram lady not tell us or let us see anything that would give the gender away. I wanted the pictures though and documentation of the actual gender so I would have proof in case I was in disbelief and for the baby book. :) The sonogram went as normal and when it was time for her to make notes and take pictures I had Jeremiah step outside the room and I sealed my eyes shut! I had her circle boy or girl on a card and seal the pictures inside for us. Then, I had her circle boy or girl on a different card and seal it for me to take to the balloon store. At the balloon store I dropped off the sealed card, "It's a..." box, and a pink baby doll and a blue baby doll. After I left they filled the box with the correct colored balloons and tied a few balloons to the appropriate baby doll for Lilly to play with after the rest floated into the sky. They sealed the extra baby doll in a separate box and then called me to come pick up both the "It's a..." box and the baby box. 

That evening we went to Caruth Park with our families and opened the box together so everyone could be part of the surprise! My friend Andrea came and photographed the special event for us! 

Getting ready to find out...


It's a BOY! So surprised, shocked, and thrilled!



Lilly was confused by the balloons floating away.



Excited about her baby brother to be!


Lulu, Jpop, Uncle Queso, Tia Mel Mel, Mommy, Lilly, Daddy, Aunt Binky, Nonno and Aunt Sarabeth were there to celebrate with us!





{21 week belly}





Afterwards we had snacks at our house of things that I've been craving throughout the pregnancy: sour belts, chex mix, sea salt and vinegar potato chips, oreos, smoked turkey sandwiches from Empire Baking Company, pickles, thumbprints and teamonade! It was so fun!

the yummy snacks to satisfy my cravings!




We are so excited and feel so blessed to welcome a baby boy into our home. We can't wait for you to arrive baby BOY! :) We love you so much already!

1 comment:

lu lu said...

That was soooo much fun!!! So exciting!!!